Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Gratitude.

You guys. Seriously. This was the craziest (in a best-ever kind of way) day I've had in a while. Of course, I always knew Epbot readers were fabulous (citation, citation, citation) but so far I've just had the pleasure of being part of the fantastic masses. I randomly had the idea to draw the 'bot as a baby/chibi, and figured if it could make Jen laugh, that would be nice, since she was dealing with the break-in, the black-out, and the almost-end of CW. So I grabbed half an index card that was on my desk from another project, and started sketching on the back. Little did I know (it's third person omniscient) that drawing a wee 'bot would change so much.

It's not just that I got to feel internet-famous for a few hours, or that I totally geek'd out about 'talking' to Jen IRL, or that I sat stunned at my desk reading about myself on one of my favorite blogs. I did all those things, obviously, and they were amazing. (So, so amazing, I can't even express it properly.) However, what completely blows me away is the love from all of you. I was amazed to see how many people took the time to come over here and leave me comments, even on some of my other posts! So unexpected, and so heart-warming. See? You all even got me to use the word "heart-warming" for the first (and second) time ever. That's how much your kind words mean to me, that I would use a sappy word I generally avoid like the plague and clichés. So thank you. A thousand times.

The 'original' (that makes me laugh every time) is going to live with Jen, but just for the halibut*, here's the final vector version. And yes, I made the meter lower because he was younger. And that he hasn't grown into his antennas yet. I can't tell you how much I love that some of you got that, since I just thought it was funny.



*Here meaning, if I had known Jen was going to post this, I would have taken more time with it, and that I remembered that I forgot to add the rivets right after I sent it to her, haha.

Thank you again to all:
40+ comments (on Epbot, facebook, pinterest, and here)
80+ facebook and pinterest 'likes'
12 google+1s (fun fact: I don't know what that is)
1 fb-share (love you, mom!)
and especially to Jen for sharing my silly sketch with the blogosphere to begin with.

You all definitely made my day, probably my whole week, and maybe my whole month. Heck, if Firefox had a button for "bookmark this forever" I would totally use it. <3

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I very much wanted to read about the babybot yesterday, but Jen's SOPA soapbox delayed me by a day. He's the best robot to start the day with, and congratulations on your internet fame with the EPBOT fangirls!

    ReplyDelete