Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Worst Song Ever (Not An Exaggeration)

Something just got the worst song in the world stuck in my head. You know what I'm talking about. Or you should. If you are close to my age, you probably had to withstand the same torture I did by hearing this song when trapped in public situations like at your high school's homecoming dance. It's the worst song in the world, therefore everyone should instantly know which song I mean. If you do, I apologize, because now it's probably stuck in your head and you're considering rupturing your eardrums even though you know it wouldn't help.

You are not alone.

I rarely use the word hate. I hate this song. It is closely followed by "Mambo Number Five" on the list of Songs I Absolutely Cannot Stand. "Who Let the Dogs Out" is also on that list. And that crappy remake of a Pearl Jam song where he wants to go to heaven to see his dead girlfriend. Who even writes songs like that? Terrorists. That's who. Okay so I just compared Lou Bega(?), The Baha Men, Pearl Jam and whoever-remade-their-song to terrorists, which is pretty extreme. They're probably perfectly nice people who just happened to bribe or blackmail someone into putting their crappy songs on the radio so their horribleness will forever be lodged in the brains of unsuspecting homecoming-goers.

I can't think of any more songs for that list right now because The Worst Song Ever is beating my braincells into life-hating oblivion, so I guess I'll just leave you with this:
You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals so let's do it like they do on the Discovery channel!



PS: I realize that by blogging about this, I am actually shooting my future-self in the foot because every time I come near this entry, one of those terrible songs will get stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment